Tips And Tricks To Hiding Cat Litter Box
When it comes to having cats, one of the biggest struggles is finding a good way to have the cat litter box indoors. While there is the option to simply have the box in the bathroom, some litter boxes are still not presentable enough to be in eye’s view, especially when there are visitors. Considering this, we prepared some ideas, tips, and tricks on how to hide your cat’s litter box.
DIY tricks to hide cat litter box
Litter boxes that are bare and open are considerably an eyesore. Not only are your cat’s litter out in the open, but the smell also at times consumes and occupies the room. With that, here are some DIY ideas for a cat litter box that is well hidden and neat as well.
Litter Box in Furniture
For anyone struggling with a bare litter box that is often messy, one creative idea to hide it is to place it inside a vacant cabinet or any piece of furniture. If you have a sink cabinet, simply cut a hole along one side of the cabinet or the door to serve as the entryway for your cats. You can also place curtains along the side with the hole to further hide it from plain sight. You can even check out this list of the best quality bathroom cabinets from our friends from Ginger Brownies as an option.
DIY Cat Litter Box Enclosure
If you don’t have any available furniture to fit your cat’s litter box, why not make your own cat litter box enclosure? Making the box yourself also allows you to be more creative in the way you build the box according to your cat’s personality. Here’s how you can make a simple cat litter box enclosure:
- Take the measurements of your cat’s litter box.
- Plug the measurements on a sheet of plywood and cut the needed pieces. For the box, you would need four walls and a roof. Make sure to cut a hole on one wall that would serve as the opening for the box.
- Ideally, the height of the walls should be twice as high as your cat to make sure that there is enough space for him to move around inside the box.
- Once all the pieces are cut to size, simply screw all the pieces together to make your DIY cat litter box enclosure. If you’re unsure about the strength of the box, you can add some supporting wood pieces along the walls and the roof to further strengthen the piece.
- There is a variety of ways to finish up the box; you can stain the plywood for a classy look, cover it with some fabric, or simply leave it as is.
The Cat and Wood Modern Litter Box
If you do not have the time or the DIY prowess to make your cat litter box, then the Cat and Wood Modern Litter Box might just be the perfect option for you. This litter box essentially is much like the DIY cat litter box enclosure, but is just a lot more sophisticated and well-polished. The Cat and Wood Modern litter box is a stylish piece of cat furniture that you will be confident and proud enough to display anywhere in your home. It even comes in different sizes that you can DIY and use as a cat house, a hideaway, or simply as a litter box enclosure.
As mentioned earlier, dealing with an ugly and messy litter box is considerably one of the most frustrating things about having a pet cat. Hopefully, this article was able to help you solve the problem of hiding messy and smelly cat litter boxes out of plain sight.